I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades.After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid extra for.
Upon investigating the source it was discovered that Shea did not paint or treat any of the wood except what could be seen by exterior inspection. The deck was designed to have rain drain between the rafters, and boards. Since it was not treated wood rot is inevitable. When contacted Shea said it was not their problem.
Cost to repair, over $17,000.
Additional issues included Shea painting the dryer vent shut which causing a build up of lint in the vent and fire hazard, leaving rags stuck in heating and air ducts after spraying the texture on drywall (gee, why doesn't the AC work move in special), wiring electrical wrong or not finishing wiring to switches, stucco sprayed into drains causing water back UPS, leaks and damage, puncturing AC coolant lines when installing crown molding, bathroom shower plumbing installed backwards, hot and cold reversed, leaving food wrappers in the framing of the master bedroom tub to be found years later when the tub had to be replaced due to the frame not being constructed correctly.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Construction Defect
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "Horrible experience. Bought a blueberry muffin at a Starbucks inside of Target in Aliso Viejo Ca and discover few pieces of hair inside. Complained and got a coupon for a..."
- "Your organization was notified that 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a Pro Competition Tire, d.b.a Transamerican Auto Parts, retained several Nationwide Unsatisfactory Records with the BBB for Failing to Respond..."
- "I have been a loyal NastyGal customer for about 4 years now. The customer service has never been great but in the past year it seems that as they..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."