I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades.After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid extra for.
Upon investigating the source it was discovered that Shea did not paint or treat any of the wood except what could be seen by exterior inspection. The deck was designed to have rain drain between the rafters, and boards. Since it was not treated wood rot is inevitable. When contacted Shea said it was not their problem.
Cost to repair, over $17,000.
Additional issues included Shea painting the dryer vent shut which causing a build up of lint in the vent and fire hazard, leaving rags stuck in heating and air ducts after spraying the texture on drywall (gee, why doesn't the AC work move in special), wiring electrical wrong or not finishing wiring to switches, stucco sprayed into drains causing water back UPS, leaks and damage, puncturing AC coolant lines when installing crown molding, bathroom shower plumbing installed backwards, hot and cold reversed, leaving food wrappers in the framing of the master bedroom tub to be found years later when the tub had to be replaced due to the frame not being constructed correctly.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Construction Defect
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "Your organization was notified that 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a Pro Competition Tire, d.b.a Transamerican Auto Parts, retained several Nationwide Unsatisfactory Records with the BBB for Failing to Respond..."
- "Horrible experience. Bought a blueberry muffin at a Starbucks inside of Target in Aliso Viejo Ca and discover few pieces of hair inside. Complained and got a coupon for a..."
- "I have been a loyal NastyGal customer for about 4 years now. The customer service has never been great but in the past year it seems that as they..."