I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades.After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid extra for.
Upon investigating the source it was discovered that Shea did not paint or treat any of the wood except what could be seen by exterior inspection. The deck was designed to have rain drain between the rafters, and boards. Since it was not treated wood rot is inevitable. When contacted Shea said it was not their problem.
Cost to repair, over $17,000.
Additional issues included Shea painting the dryer vent shut which causing a build up of lint in the vent and fire hazard, leaving rags stuck in heating and air ducts after spraying the texture on drywall (gee, why doesn't the AC work move in special), wiring electrical wrong or not finishing wiring to switches, stucco sprayed into drains causing water back UPS, leaks and damage, puncturing AC coolant lines when installing crown molding, bathroom shower plumbing installed backwards, hot and cold reversed, leaving food wrappers in the framing of the master bedroom tub to be found years later when the tub had to be replaced due to the frame not being constructed correctly.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Construction Defect
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "In January 2015 I ordered Cali bamboo form Lowes in Aliso Viejo. Their contractor did not know what he was doing and did not check concrete floor for moisture or..."
- "Horrible experience. Bought a blueberry muffin at a Starbucks inside of Target in Aliso Viejo Ca and discover few pieces of hair inside. Complained and got a coupon for a..."
- "Your organization was notified that 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers, d.b.a Pro Competition Tire, d.b.a Transamerican Auto Parts, retained several Nationwide Unsatisfactory Records with the BBB for Failing to Respond..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."