1K views
1.9
Turnaround Time

My wife and I recently bought our Shea home. We loved the floor plan so we decided to build. The experience didn't start out the best. Dealing with the sales lady at our community was one of the worst experiences of my life. So we made it through that nightmare and we were so over come with excitement when construction started. I will say that the interaction with the site superintendent through the construction of our home had made up for the nightmare we endured with Sales. That's about that last positive experience we had with the Shea team. Once we took delivery and Shea got their money, it all went down hill from there. Shea has absolutely ZERO control over their Subs. My wife and I have had to take multiple days off from work for different trades to fix different things throughout our home. I am currently at home, taking yet another day off from work for trades to do work from our 5 month inspection. A couple of examples of the type of trades that Shea hires: a trade came out today to relocate out exhaust hood and to reset a screw because it had cracked the cabinet. Well in doing the work they managed to cracked the other side of the cabinet and now there are cracks on both sides. I am waiting for both the plumber and the painters to show up and they were both scheduled for an 8 to 12 time frame and it's just about 2pm. Another example it from out 90 day inspection work: the cabinet company never showed up to do the work and the tile company showed up late with NO material to do their repairs, Thus requiring me to take another day off from work.

So if you believe in good value, good customer service, an educated sales team and a builder that has control of their Subs, don't buy a Shea Home!!!

I would NOT recommend buying a Shea home and I will NEVER buy another Shea home!!!!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Shea Homes. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Shea Homes to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Shea Homes and shea homes house construction for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments